As we hurtle through spring and into the UK summer months, hopes turn to the launch of my second novel in a month. I have been busy with this one for a long time (4 years) and hope that it lives up to the standards set by CELT. The Kyle Gibbs character, is developing nicely as he journeys through a Climate ravaged world.
Here are some of the highlights from the last month.
- Received the manuscript of book 2 back from my group of beta-readers and a few suggestions have been implemented. This is a crucial step I find, as allowing readers to give their comments prior to publication, serves two purposes. Firstly, it polishes the story as a readable product and secondly, it gives the green light for the pre-launch marketing activity. Still on track for a July 2014 release.
- Gibbs and Floodlanders (my two short stories), continue to do well.
- With the rough storyline complete for Book 3 , I am busty working on the various character biographies for the novel.
- Managed to catch up on some reading (which is so important to a writer), and will post a list of the books that I have read so far this year.
- Ran a 5km Colour Run, which was so much fun. Running through zones, where young folk throw coloured powder at you.
- Did my usual “Street Art” walk through some of London’s old creative streets. Always love seeing the guys working on their new work.
- Started working on a few ideas for Book 4 in the Gibbs series – nothing too inspiring yet.
- The idea for a series of children stories, is still bubbling along.
Travel safe, write well and good reading