And so we continue to hurtle along through 2014 and I am sitting here working on Book 3 of the Kyle Gibbs series already. London summer had finally decided to make an appearance this year. It’s July and thoughts move to where we are going on vacation. That means, planning for our trip back to South Africa in December.
Quite a few things have happened since we last chatted.
- After months of editing and rework, Phoenix, has been released for sale and can be found at all the usual online stores. (List of online stores)
- My short story, Floodlanders, has been included in the wonderful awards list for Cli-fi literature called “The Nevils”. It is indeed an honour.
- Met up with the extremely talented, Mr Andrew Barker – author of The Electric, for a few beers and a chat about writing, movies and his garden shed. This meet up took place in a pub where Kyle Gibbs and his men have a few drinks in Celt. It’s a public house just outside Waterloo Station, London, called The Hole in the Wall. A great place to wait for your train.
- Uploaded a lengthy blogpost about why I wrote the Kyle Gibbs series (click here)
- Over on Google Plus, I have started an “Introducing the…. Photographer and Author” weekly series, to share some of the fantastic talent out there.
Current book status and pricing:
- Gibbs – The early years: FREE on all online stores, except Amazon (I’m not allowed to offer things for free on Amazon, unless, I offer them 90 days exclusivity!!).
- Celt- $0.99c until the end of 31st July 2014, then back to $2.99
- Phoenix – $4.99
- Book 3 – 10 chapters into the first draft
- Book 4 – outline being formulated.